Having fostered a generation of music listeners with their alternative and cutting-edge sound, band members Shae Hayley, Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D – NO-ONE EVER REALLY DIES – are staying true to their streetwear roots with a new Summer 2022 merchandise capsule.
The new drop comprises a lowkey color palette of green, purple, neutrals and black, and features casual hoodies, T-shirts, leaf-print shorts and accessories. Decals of the “N.E.R.D” font logo appear alternately alongside a graphicized ‘electric brain,’ and a “XX” eye-faced character placed on the center-front of items.
Representing the band and speaking on its cultural impact, Hayley exclusively tells Hypebeast:
“Keeping true to its roots – 20 years later – N.E.R.D is a group/brand that deals with street fashion inspired by both hip-hop and skateboarding. A band that’s popular all over the world and commonly known for its groundbreaking debut album In Search Of…, creates modern apparel inspired by the ideologies of past and present era.”
In other fashion news, Billionaire Boys Club and Smino collaborated on new ICECREAM merch.
- Tier Goes From Brooklyn To Los Angeles With Its First Streetwear Pop-Up
- Jeff Staple Predicts Streetwear’s Future and More at FN CEO Summit 2022
- Caterpillar’s WWR Line Targets Streetwear Market
- Darken your clothes with the new Market x MCR streetwear drop
- Martha Stewart Has a New Streetwear Collection Featuring Photos of Her Eating Shellfish